A range of dredging head sizes is available to suit most applications and most hydraulic excavators both land-based and floating. The dredging head can have a cutter or water jets to mix the dredge material. The smallest dredging head will move 380 cu m/hr of mixed material and water and the largest 1,400 cu m/hr.
Typical examples of their use are dredging operations in canals, reservoirs, and harbours; removal of debris-filled flood water; and anywhere that an ad hoc specialist dredger or high-capacity non-clogging pump is required.
Advantages of the dredging head:
• Specifically designed for small-scale dredging projects
• Simple quick-fit installation
• Easy to use
• Low maintenance costs
• One operation single handed
• Compatible with all brands of hydraulic excavator
• Driven directly by excavator’s own power source
• Ideal for hard-to-access stretches of water
• Suitable for working from both on-land and floating excavators